I wanted to do a rhubarb jam or something, and the recipe I found went something like the following:
1/2 lb rhubarb, sliced (~1-1/4 c?)
3/4 c sugar
2 T lemon juice
2-3/4 T dried hibiscus flowers, minced
1. Macerate rhubarb in sugar >6 hr, 'til most of the sugar has dissolved
2. Add lemon juice and hibiscus
3. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly for ~10 min that it takes to thicken
4. Remove from heat, let sit ~5 min, ladle into jars
5. Process 15 minutes in water bath
Yields...Well, I don't know actually. First off, the recipe didn't say, and second off, I ended up stealing some of the rhubarb (+sugar) for a batch of scones. I ended up with exactly one cup, and I stole about 1/3 c macerated rhubarb, so I'd guess 1-1/2 c. otherwise.
The person that posted the recipe said that the result would be jammy, but it's certainly more of a butter. But my! It isn't shy about taste. It's more like POW! RHUBARB! ...and hibiscus. It's quite tart, so if I do something like this again, I'm going to drop the lemon juice entirely I think. I do, however, like it as a butter instead of a jam, so no added pectin.